Join us for Cobb EMC's Annual Meeting!
Free fair entrance • Unlimited rides • Big prizes
Saturday, September 20
North Georgia State Fair at Jim R. Miller Park
Registration (8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.)
*Registration will take place at the event. Please bring a photo ID.
Attend the meeting and enjoy the fair the rest of the day. Learn about Cobb EMC's progress and ways to save on your electric bill. Each Cobb EMC member who registers will receive free parking, entrance to the fair and four unlimited ride tickets. You can also win door prizes including iPads, Visa® gift cards, a bill credit, Big Green Egg® grills and a refurbished Cobb EMC truck!
Nominees for director election in 2014
SECTION 3.08. Notice of Nominees. The Secretary shall be responsible for posting at the Cooperative’s headquarters and on its website the nominees for the election, and if received on or before the fourth Friday in May, shall include same in the notice to the Members for the meeting at which the election is to be held.
- District 1 – Ed Crowell
- District 6 – David Tennant
- District 7 – Malcolm Swanson
No new nomination petitions were submitted to the secretary of the board of directors, so incumbent candidates will be running unopposed. Members can vote for directors in person at the Annual Meeting.
Key dates and deadlines:
- May 23: Terms for directors of districts 1, 6 and 7 will be expiring at the Annual Meeting. Nomination petitions for Director elections must be submitted (Sec. 3.06)(Sec. 3.07)
- June 12: Member sponsored bylaw amendments must be submitted (Sec. 10.01 (a)(2)).
- August 8: Notice must be received from any member desiring to exceed the 5 minute speaking limitation for the Annual Meeting (Sec. 2.12)
*There are several other deadlines and requirements applicable to the Annual Meeting that are contained in the Bylaws. Members are encouraged to review Cobb EMC’s Bylaws and to contact Kevan Espy at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about the Annual Meeting, or any deadline or requirement related to the Annual Meeting.