Cobb EMC offers a competitive package of benefits for all eligible employees.
Group insurance benefits
Full-time employees are eligible for insurance coverage options at the first day of hire. Dependent coverage is available for spouses and children. Eligible children include those from birth to age 26 for medical.
Cobb EMC offers the Open Access Plus Plan with Cigna.
Cobb EMC offers two Cigna dental plans: high and low. Both plans are PPO, employee chooses in or out of network, and both cover preventative exams at 100%.
Cobb EMC offers vision coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. Employees can elect the in-network or out-of-network vision providers. Coverage includes exams, glasses, contacts and reduced fees for laser correction.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Employees can choose to set aside pretax dollars to pay for uncovered eligible medical and dependent care expenses through the Flexible Spending Account.
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Cobb EMC provides an annual contribution of $300 individual and $600 family.
Cobb EMC offers a 401(k) savings plan for retirement, matching 50% of the dollars you contribute up to the first 6% after completing one year of employment. Employees can participate in this program and start contributing after one month of employment.
Employee Term Life Insurance
Employee term life insurance is offered at 1, 2, or 3 times your annual salary to a maximum of $500,000.
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance: Employees may choose additional term life insurance in increments of $25,000 up to a total coverage amount of $500,000. Subject to evidence of insurability.
- Life Insurance for Dependents: Employees may also choose to purchase term life insurance for dependent children and spouse.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Cobb EMC automatically provides employees with AD&D insurance equal to the amount the employee has chosen for employee term life insurance.
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Benefits begin after 90 days of disability resulting from an accident or sickness (non-work related).
- Option 1: Benefit pays 50% of salary up to $10,000 per month.
- Option 2: Benefit pays 66 2/3% of salary up to $10,000 per month.
Short Term Disability (STD)
Benefits begin after 7 days of disability resulting from an accident or sickness (non-work related).
- The maximum benefit duration is 12 weeks.
- Benefits pay 66 2/3% of weekly earnings, not to exceed $800 or $1,600 per week.
Optional benefit offerings are available through AFLAC.
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP program is confidential assistance, resources and information for help with life’s challenges, big and small, and is available 24/7 and online.
Will Preparation and Estate Planning
Legal resources available for preparing your will and other legal documents.
Resources available for prevention and assistance in the event of identity theft.
Secure Travel Assistance
Provides emergency medical, financial, legal and communication assistance when traveling far from home.
Cobb EMC works with Atlanta-based Millennium Benefits Consulting to provide a personalized, secure resource for all of your benefit needs. Benefit Butler is a concierge resource available via phone or email for all benefit-related questions.
Other employee benefits
Credit Union Membership
All employees may participate in the Georgia Electric Membership Cooperative Federal Credit Union. Credit Union members are eligible to apply for low interest loans after six months of employment. The credit union offers no-fee checking accounts with direct deposits.
Cobb EMC supports employees who desire their college or vocational/technical education in job related fields. The educational assistance reimbursement is available to full-time employees who have successfully completed a six-month introductory period.
Cobb EMC encourages a healthy work-life environment for all employees.
- Discounted gym memberships to WellStar Health Place and LA Fitness.
- Health Advocacy Services: Personal health advocates, who are experienced in health benefits and services, provide individualized assistance with a range of health care and insurance-related needs.
- Coach by Cigna: A mobile app that offers expertise from a team of health experts.
Full-time employees are immediately eligible for company observed holidays. Part-time employees will be paid for a holiday if it falls on their normal work schedule.
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday (third Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Active full-time employee’s annual-leave accrual begins with the first day of employment. The chart below shows the rate of annual leave that is accrued on each pay date based upon anniversary date.
|Anniversary Date (years)||Weekly Accrual (hours)||Annual Accrual (days)|
|> hire date to 1 year||1.54*||14|
|*32 hours deposited upon hire|
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?