Enroll in outage text alerts to receive power outage updates directly on your phone by texting REGISTER to 898-362 (TXTEMC).
1. Text REGISTER to 898-362 (TXTEMC).
2. For your security, you may be prompted to enter your Cobb EMC account number, phone number and/or ZIP code to authenticate your account. Need help finding your account number? Click here for help finding your account number.
3. You will be promped to accept terms and conditions, and you must reply "Yes" or "I accept." Pay close attention to the text's request for confirmation. Terms and conditions are available on our website.
4. When you accept the terms and conditions, you will be enrolling only in SMS/text alerts. If you would like to enroll in voice or email alerts, you may do so via the desktop enrollment process.
5. Once enrolled, you may text STOP at any time to unsubscribe from power outage text alerts.
Enroll in outage email, voice, and/or SMS/text alerts via the online preference center. Click to log on and sign up now.
1. Sign on to the online preference center with your account number, street number and street address. Need help finding your account number? Click here for help.
2. Select the correct account from the dropdown to continue to the preference center.
3. Once you are in the preference center, click on the plus sign to "Add Contacts." You may add a new contact for email, voice or text outage alerts for yourself and/or family members. Keep in mind, you have to save each contact one at a time, you may not add or update all contacts at once.
4. Once you add the desired email address, phone number for text, and/or phone number for voice alerts, check the box to accept terms and conditions available on our website and click to "Save."
5. Ensure that the "Active Outage Alerts" toggle is set to green to receive your outage alerts.
6. Keep in mind, you will have to verify the phone numbers and emails entered by accepting the terms and conditions that will be sent to you via text or email, depending on your preference.
Add a contact
Add multiple contacts for you and your family to receive an email, voice call or text. Access the outage alerts preference center and click the plus sign to "Add Contact." Enter the email, phone number for voice or text, and contact nickname. Then, check the box to accept terms and conditions and click "Save" at the bottom of the page. Add and save one contact at a time for each contact method (email, voice call, or text).
Delete a contact
If the wrong contact information is entered or you need to remove a contact that is no longer valid, you can use the "Delete Contact" function in the outage alerts preference center. In order to do this, access the preference center, click on the gear icon to "Edit Contact," and scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will see the option to "Delete Contact" entirely.
Set do not disturb
Set "Do Not Disturb (DND)" for voice calls and SMS/text alerts during specific times when you do not wish to receive alerts. In the preference center, select the contact for which you'd like to set DND and click on "Edit Contact." When you scroll down in the page, you will see the option to select a "Start" and "End" for your settings. Click "Save" and you will no longer receive alerts for that contact during those times.
Update a contact
Update the contact nickname for each contact method you enroll in outage alerts. For voice calls and text alerts, update the do not disturb settings at any time. You cannot update a contact method to change a number or an email address. If you enter the wrong contact information and click "Save", you will have to delete the contact entirely and create a new contact with the correct information.
During certain outages, our control center team can reroute power for a group of members utilizing our smart grid and isolate an outage area to minimize the number of impacted members.
When this occurs, the group of members whose power was rerouted, may not receive a "Power Restored" notification until the initial outage is completely restored.
Members may receive a text message from Cobb EMC that will come from 898-362 (TXTEMC) and will ask you to accept terms and conditions for outage text alerts.
Please note that Cobb EMC will never:
- Collect money in the field. Cobb EMC employees will never ask members to pay their bills anywhere other than at our office or through one of our payment options.
- Instruct you to call a phone number that is not ours, 770-429-2100, or our automated phone system, 1-855-730-8714. You can always find our phone number on our website or on your Cobb EMC bill.
- Ask you to pay with a prepaid card or cash anywhere other than at our office.
- Make automated calls to collect payments.
- Sell products, services or rooftop solar in your neighborhood.
- Collect money for trimming trees, or ask contractors to collect money for trimming trees on our behalf.
No. Cobb EMC's new outage notification tools require a separate registration that allows you to set your preferred contact method for outage alerts. You can choose to register to receive text alerts by texting the word "REGISTER" to the shortcode 898-362 (TXTEMC). You can also register an email, and/or phone number to receive automated voice calls for your outage via the outage alerts preference center.
Yes. While you can register to receive outage alerts for more than five (5) unique, Cobb EMC accounts, you have to do so online. You can use the online outage alerts preference center to enroll each account one at a time. You will need each account number, the service address street number and the first five (5) letters of the street address.