Youth Leadership Program
A leadership experience for high school juniors.
The Cobb EMC Youth Leadership Program gives current high school juniors the opportunity to develop leadership and networking skills, learn about their electric cooperative and earn scholarships. The Youth Leadership Program offers students the opportunity to earn a $1,500, $1,000, or $500 scholarship, along with a paid student summer internship.
- Be a high school junior (including home-schooled students)
- Live in a primary residence served by Cobb EMC
- Complete the application and submit an essay (see How to Apply section for details)
- Cobb EMC employees and their children are not eligible for this program and scholarship
- Cobb EMC Directors and their children are not eligible for this program and scholarship
Include the following items with your application:
- Completed 2023 Cobb EMC Youth Leadership Program Application
- Original essay on the following topic: Briefly discuss the seven cooperative principles. Which do you think is the most important and why? Essay requirements:
- Legibly written in ink on 8.5x11" paper, or
- Typed double-spaced
- Word document or PDF sized to 8.5x11"
- Times New Roman in font sized 12 pt
- 500 word minimum (should not exceed 700 words)
- See judging rubric
Essay must be accompanied by a cover letter including: student’s name, address, phone number, name of school, date
- The Youth Leadership Application and Essay must be submitted in one of four ways:
Attn: Mark Justice
1000 EMC Parkway
Marietta, GA 30061
- Drop-off: Cobb EMC is located on EMC Parkway, just north of Kennestone Hospital. For detailed directions, please call Mark Justice at 678-355-3124 or click here.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 678-355-3124
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.: Virtual Information Session – email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the information session. The Virtual Information Session is not mandatory for students that want to enter the Cobb EMC Youth Leadership Program.
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.: Virtual Information Session – email email@example.com to register for the information session. The Virtual Information Session is not mandatory for students that want to enter the Cobb EMC Youth Leadership Program.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2022: Entry deadline
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.: Orientation Night
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.: Facility Night
- Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.: Community Night
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.: Membership and Safety Night
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.: Politics Night
- Thursday, Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.: Leadership and Workplace Success Night
- Tuesday, Mar. 28, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.: Interview Night
All participants will receive a detailed schedule.