Join us for the Cobb EMC Annual Meeting
Cobb EMC members are invited to attend our 80th Annual Meeting. Learn about our progress and ways to save on your electric bill at our annual member appreciation event. Bring your family and enjoy:
- Free fair tickets
- Door prizes
- Kids games & activities
- Electric vehicle gallery: EV Club of the South
- Energy conservation and electric safety: Cobb EMC and Georgia 811
- Family health and safety: Cobb & Douglas Public Health
- Water conservation: Cobb County Water System
Annual Meeting agenda at-a-glance
|8-9:30 a.m.||Register for meeting|
|View a power line safety demo|
|Learn about electric vehicles and conservation|
|Enjoy kids games and activities, try on lineman safety gear and take photos with a bucket truck|
|8:30 a.m.||Candidate director speeches (inside the Equestrian Center)|
|9:30 a.m.||Meeting begins|
|11:30 a.m.||Door prizes|
2018 director election voting results
SECTION 3.08. Notice of Nominees. The Secretary shall be responsible for posting at the Cooperative’s headquarters and on its website the nominees for the election, and if received on or before the fourth Friday in May, shall include same in the notice to the Members for the meeting at which the election is to be held.
|District 2||Rudy Underwood (incumbent) (8,531)|
|Jabe Driskell (5,593)|
|District 3||Kelly Bodner (incumbent) (10,186)|
|Lawrence P. King (3,891)|
|District 9||Eric Broadwell (incumbent) (8,398)|
|Jackson D. Hartman (5,581)|
Members have three voting method options — in person at the annual meeting, by a mail-in ballot (ballots and candidate profiles were mailed August 13), or online. Online and mailed votes must be cast by 5 p.m. September 12.
Commercial, government and church groups must provide authorization to represent their organizations at registration. All members must provide photo identification at registration. See Section 2.07A and 2.07B of the bylaws for additional information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Director candidates will give speeches beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the Annual Meeting on September 15. The final voting totals of the board of directors election will be presented at the meeting for consideration by the membership.
Key dates and deadlines
- May 25: Terms for directors of districts 2, 3 and 9 will be expiring at the Annual Meeting. Nomination petitions for Director elections must be submitted (Sec. 3.07).
- June 7: Member sponsored bylaw amendments must be submitted (Sec. 10.01).
- August 10: Written notice must be received from any member desiring to exceed the 5 minute speaking limitation for the Annual Meeting (Sec. 2.12).
There are several other deadlines and requirements applicable to the Annual Meeting that are contained in the bylaws. Members are encouraged to review Cobb EMC’s Bylaws and to contact Mark Goddard if you have any questions about the Annual Meeting or any deadline or requirement related to the Annual Meeting.
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?