Designed to build leadership skills, the Washington Youth Tour Contest offers current high school juniors a $1,500, $1,000 and $500 scholarship, along with two all-expenses-paid trips to Washington, D.C. and one paid student summer internship. Click on the links below to learn more.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply! Any high school junior meeting one of the listed eligibility requirements may enter:
- Students must be high school juniors (at the time of the competition) and attend one of the following high schools: Allatoona, Blessed Trinity, Cherokee Christian, Cobb and Marietta PLCs, Compass Prep Academy, Cornerstone Preparatory Academy, Dominion Christian, East Paulding, Etowah, Harrison, Hillgrove, Kell, Kennesaw Mountain, The Kings Academy, Lassiter, Marietta, McEachern, Milton, Mount Paran Christian, North Cobb, North Cobb Christian, North Paulding, Osborne, Pope, River Ridge, Roswell, Sequoyah, Sprayberry, The Walker School, Walton, Wheeler, Woodstock, Trinity Chapel and home-school.
- Students are also eligible if they live in a primary residence that is served by Cobb EMC.
- Home-schooled students who are in Cobb EMC's service territory
- Interested students should submit an application to the contest sponsor. Download study materials.
- The highest-scoring student from each school will advance. (Students must score an 80 or above.)
- Finalists will meet with a panel of judges on interview night.
- A $100 donation will be made to the school with the most students who enter and to the winner's school.
Cobb EMC is located on EMC Parkway, just north of Kennestone Hospital. For detailed directions, please call Mark Justice at 678-355-3124 or click here.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, March 3, 2017 (application deadline)
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. (quiz night)
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. (interview night)
- June 8 through June 15 (trip to Washington D.C.)
2016 Youth Tour Winners
Cobb EMC's 2016 Washington Youth Tour contest was a success. Thank you for your participation in this annual competition. The winners are:
- Olivia Klinger (Etowah) – $1,500 scholarship and the trip to Washington, D.C. Eligible to interview for summer internship.
- Veena Jaipradeep (Milton) – $1,000 scholarship and the trip to Washington, D.C. Eligible to interview for summer internship.
- Trey Collins III (North Cobb Christian) – $500 scholarship
For more information
Cobb EMC, P.O. Box 369, Marietta, GA 30061
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?