EV Charger Incentive
Cobb EMC wants to make it easier to go electric. Get $250 when you install an EV charger, also known as electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), in your home. You are eligible for the EV charger incentive if you own a single-family home, install an ENERGY STAR certified level 2 EV charger, and enroll in Cobb EMC’s Energy Network. See the full list of eligibility requirements below.
*Up to 400 kWh each month
Here's how it works:
Join the Energy Network
Request your incentive once your installation is complete to join the Energy Network.
Submit supporting documents
Once approved, we will request follow up documents and receipts.
Receive your incentive
Based on your preference, you will receive your incentive via check or bill credit.
Share your feedback
We will contact you with focus group opportunities as a part of the Energy Network – you choose the two that work best for you.
- Must be a Cobb EMC residential member and install the charger at the service address.
- Own a single-family home.
- Submit all necessary supporting documents requested within 60 days.
- Must enroll in the Energy Network program and agree to participate in surveys and focus groups.
- Buy and install an ENERGY STAR certified level 2 EV charger.
- Purchase and install the charger between March 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021, with dates documented on receipts.
- Incentives are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Submitting the incentive request form does not guarantee that an incentive is still available.
- Incentives are subject to verification.
- Member must purchase a new EV charger for purposes of this program to be eligible for the incentive; pre-existing chargers are not eligible.
- Members are eligible for one of each incentive type only, even if the member holds multiple Cobb EMC accounts.
- Members must be current on all Cobb EMC accounts.
- The member is solely responsible for arrangements and results of work performed by contractors assisting with the installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Energy Network program? How is this incentive different from a rebate program?
The Energy Network program is a member engagement initiative offered by Cobb EMC. Members receive an incentive to help with the purchase and installation costs of an energy improvement for their home. In return, they agree to engage with Cobb EMC through focus groups, surveys, webinars and more.
The program allows members to improve their homes while also allowing Cobb EMC to gain insights into the member experience related to installing and using home energy improvements.
Where can I purchase my EV charger? Do I need to buy a specific brand?
You can purchase your ENERGY STAR certified level 2 EV charger from any manufacturer or brand. Cobb EMC has EV chargers available for purchase through our Amazon Shop. Cobb EMC receives a small commission from any purchases made through our shop, but it never affects the prices or products we pick. All proceeds support our annual Home Energy Efficiency Makeover program. You may also choose to purchase your charger from a manufacturer, such as ChargePoint, or a local dealer. Save a copy of your receipt. You will need the receipt to qualify for an EV charger incentive.
I already have a level 2 EV charger installed in my home. Can I get the EV charger incentive?
You qualify for the EV charger incentive if your charger was purchased and installed between March 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021, and you have all the required documentation.
How do I submit my receipts?
Submit the form above to begin your incentive request process. Once you are approved, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to submit your receipts and paperwork.
How do I receive my EV charger incentive?
After you complete the incentive request form, Cobb EMC will confirm your eligibility and begin processing your incentive. Based on your selection, you will receive a $250 check or bill credit on your account once the paperwork has been completed and approved.
How long does it take to receive my EV charger incentive following submission?
All requests take 2-3 business days to process following submission. You will receive your EV charger incentive based on your selection.
Check: Please allow up to 20 business days due to processing time and mail delivery.
Bill Credit: Please allow up to one billing cycle for the credit to appear on your bill.
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?