Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Loans
Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Loans
Take advantage of Cobb EMC’s Energy Efficiency Loan and get more value from your energy dollars. Invest in energy-efficient improvements now and reap the benefits of a more comfortable home, plus money and energy savings for years to come. Cobb EMC and GEMC Credit Union have partnered to offer you a fast and economical way to finance energy efficient home improvements. Apply today!
What improvements are eligible?
- Floor/wall/attic insulation
- Envelope sealing
- ENERGY STAR windows and doors
- ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling equipment
- Split system Air source heat pumps must be 14.5 SEER or more, package systems 14 SEER or greater.
- Air conditioners, split systems 14.5 SEER or greater, package 14 SEER or greater
- Furnace efficiency level must be 90% AFUE or greater.
- Duct sealing
- Duct insulation
- ENERGY STAR-qualifed metal or shingled roofing
- Water heating
- Heat pump water heaters (GE/Rheem)
- Solar water heating systems (System must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation.)
- Solar PV systems
Subject to good credit history, inspection and approval of a Cobb EMC representative.
How do I qualify?
- Electric service from Cobb EMC
- Good credit history
- Proof of income
- A site-built home (not a manufactured home)
- Energy-efficient improvements only
- Improvements must be completed by a Cobb EMC approved contractor
- All materials must be ENERGY STAR approved
- All improvements will be verified by a Cobb EMC representative before the check is presented
What is the interest rate?
$500 - $3,000
Up to 24 months
$3,001 - $7,500
25 to 60 months
$7,501 - $25,0002
61 to 120 months
1 APR: Annual Percentage Rate. The APR shown above has been discounted by 1.0% and applies to borrowers who elect on-bill payments through Cobb EMC or who elect to pay their loan bill using automatic bank draft.
Term 24 months; estimated monthly payment of $45.19 per $1,000 borrowed.
Term 60 months; estimated monthly payment of $20.24 per $1,000 borrowed.
Term 84 months; estimated monthly payment of $14.86 per $1,000 borrowed.
Loan closing cost is $65, payable at loan closing.
Loan qualification is subject to assessment of individual creditworthiness and our underwriting standards. All Credit Union loan programs, rates, forms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Subject to certain conditions, loan default rate may be 16.9% APR. Please speak to your GEMC FCU loan representative for available term options.
2 Using collateral under Article 9, Uniform Commercial Code, which generally applies to any transaction intended to create a security interest in property improvements or fixtures and not the real estate.
Is there a lien against my property, or is my property securing this loan?
No. All loans up to $7,500 will be unsecured. Any loan over $7,501 will be secured by the energy efficient improvement, not the property.
How do I apply?
Determine the ENERGY STAR-qualified improvements you want to make to your home and obtain an estimate from one of Cobb EMC's approved contractors. Then complete a simple GEMC Federal Credit Union online loan application. You may also print the application and mail your completed application to GEMC FCU P.O. Box 450449, Atlanta, GA 31145-0449.
How long will it take to process my loan application?
Loans are generally approved by the Credit Union within 24-48 hours upon receiving the completed application. Please do not proceed with your home improvements until you have received confirmation from GEMC FCU.
After I've been approved for the loan, how long is my approval valid?
After you've been approved, you have 60 days to complete and close the loan.
How and when are my contractors paid?
Once your home improvements have been completed, Cobb EMC will inspect the work. You will sign your loan documents and the check will be made payable to the contractor.
How will I make my loan payment?
You will make payments for your loan directly to GEMC Federal Credit Union. At your loan closing, you will be set up for automatic payment withdrawals.
For more information:
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?