EV Charger Incentive
Go electric with our EV charger program.
Cobb EMC wants to help make it easier to go electric. Get $250 when you install an EV charger, also known as electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), in your home. You are eligible for the EV charger incentive if you own a single-family home, install an ENERGY STAR certified level 2 EV charger and enroll in Cobb EMC's Energy Network. See full list of eligibility requirements below.
Here's how it works:
- The EV charger you install must be a Smart EV charger and ENERGY STAR certified level 2 charger. Smart EV chargers will allow the utility to monitor and control EV charging points remotely to optimize energy consumption so that it will not overload the grid. The smart charger will have the capability that will enable the home owner or the utility to schedule charging particularly at night time when the demand and the cost of the energy is low.
- Must be a Cobb EMC residential member living in single-family homes and install the charger at the service address.
- Members must submit all relevant forms and supporting materials within 60 days of incentive request approval.
- Must enroll in the Energy Network Program and agree to participate in surveys and two focus groups.
- Purchase and install the charger between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023, with dates documented on receipts, to qualify.
- Incentives are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Submitting the incentive request form does not guarantee that an incentive is still available. Members will be informed of incentive availability once we receive the request.
- Members are required to share EV charging data with Cobb EMC to qualify for this incentive.
- Members can receive a maximum of one of each incentive type in the Energy Network program, even if the member holds multiple Cobb EMC accounts.
- Members must agree to share information on their experience and participate in focus groups.
- Incentives are subject to verification.
- Members must be current on all Cobb EMC accounts.
- The maximum incentive for this program is $250. No cash back in excess of the cost of the improvement will be allowed.
- The member is solely responsible for arrangements and results of work performed by contractors assisting with the installation.
The Energy Network program is a member engagement initiative offered by Cobb EMC. Members receive an incentive to help with the purchase and installation costs of an energy improvement for their home. In return, they agree to engage with Cobb EMC through focus groups, surveys, webinars and more.
The program allows members to improve their homes while also allowing Cobb EMC to gain insights into the member experience related to installing and using home energy improvements.
You may purchase your ENERGY STAR certified level 2 EV charger from any manufacturer or brand. Cobb EMC has EV chargers available for purchase through our Amazon Shop. Cobb EMC does receive a small commission from any purchases made through our shop, but it never affects the prices or products we pick. All proceeds support our annual Home Energy Efficiency Makeover program. You may also choose to purchase your charger from a manufacturer, such as ChargePoint, or a local dealer. Save a copy of your receipt. You will need the receipt to qualify for an EV charger incentive.
You qualify for the EV charger incentive if your charger was purchased and installed between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, and you have all the required documentation.
Submit the form above to begin your incentive request process. Once you are approved, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to submit your receipts and paperwork.
After you complete the incentive request form, Cobb EMC will confirm your eligibility and begin processing your incentive. You will then receive a $250 bill credit on your account once the paperwork has been completed and approved. Please allow up to one billing cycle for the credit to appear on your bill.
The incentive request process involves multiple steps:
- ENROLL: First, you must enroll in the Energy Network program and indicate interest in the EV charger incentive.
- FIRST APPROVAL: Following your submission of this enrollment form, allow 2-3 business days for review and approval.
- SECOND APPROVAL: Once Cobb EMC has approved your submission for enrollment, you must complete your installation and submit your supporting documents. Allow 2-3 business days for review and approval of these supporting documents.
- BILL CREDIT: After this second approval, your incentive will be added to your Cobb EMC electric account. It may take up to two billing cycles after the second approval is completed for the credit to appear on your bill.